Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oliver

Oliver continues his strange sleeping habits inn keeping with his rebellion against naps.
Today I put him in his room in hopes of his taking a nap. I then went into the basement to check e-mail. A while later I took Tessa up to her room for a nap and his door was shut and all was quiet so I assumed he had fallen asleep. Then I walked in our bedroom and amidst the piles of sorted laundray waiting to be washed, this is what I found.

This morning we got up and this is how we found him. A little later he had actually pulled his legs up under him and was sleeping teetering on the edge of the bed.

Yesterday afternoon, after playing away the afternoon, Oliver became quite distressed about 4:30. I picked him up and rocked him for about 30 seconds before he passed out snoring. I laid him on our bed so I didn't have to take him all the way upstairs and in hope he wouldn't sleep until 7. We woke him up at 5:15 for dinner and he was quite a grouch most of the evening.



This is THE picture that will haunt Oliver even when he's old and gray. It's the one they'll publish in the paper when he turns 50.
Aunt Becky-these were put away in the attic off the girls room. Oliver disappeared upstairs the other day and came tumbling down mumbling "boots, boots". They are his favorite shoes, but then again, Oliver is not too particular about shoes, he seems to like them all.


True love. Have you hugged your truck today?



This is one cool little man.

This weekend, I stepped outside for just a minute. Natalie came running to the door hollering something about chocolate chips being all over the floor. We walked in to find Oliver with this mischieveous grin and big bowl of chocolate as well as about half a bag of chocolate chips on the floor.

Dirty fingers.

No comments: